SPG creates performance appraisal systems that measure and develop strategic competencies and performance factors critical to a client’s success. SPG strives to construct performance evaluation systems that are based on solid research, rather than the latest management fad. We utilize a variety of formats, including 360-degree or multi-rater feedback, management by objectives, behaviorally-anchored rating scales, and online performance appraisal.
SPG develops performance management systems that guarantee our clients a maximum return on their investment in human capital, addressing the following topics:
- Motivating High Performance: Understanding factors that influence performance, including environment, ability, and motivation
- Strategic Performance Standards: Establishing performance standards that support the organization’s strategic objectives
- Effective Methodologies: Designing a performance appraisal system that provides meaningful feedback to employees, balancing thoroughness with ease of administration
- Ensuring Success: Understanding why performance appraisals fail and developing approaches to ensure success
- Coaching: Training for managers on giving meaningful, ongoing feedback using coaching to achieve performance goals
- Legal Compliance: Adhering to legal guidelines concerning performance appraisals, including documenting discipline
- 360° Feedback: Alternative sources of appraisals, including multi-rater feedback (360°, 270°, 180° feedback)
- Avoiding Rating Errors: Training appraisers to avoid common rating errors, such as halo, leniency, central tendency, etc.
- Linkage to Compensation Systems: Integrating performance management and compensation to ensure fair, transparent and motivating pay-management practices